Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What I LOVE First Thing in the Morning

I am hopelessly, shamelessly, completely in love with my morning cup of coffee.  It's the very first thing I do when I get up...head downstairs to the kitchen and start my Keurig brewing machine.  A teaspoon (okay, maybe two teaspoons) of sugar and my Coffeemate Vanilla Caramel creamer, and my day begins.  It's really the first cup of the day that steals my heart...the one I have at work later in the morning, while prepared the exact same way, doesn't have the same magical appeal.  My affair with the bean began in my early twenties.  I was fresh out of college and working at BellSouth Mobility, and I started to choke down a cup here and there to try to make myself feel like a grown up.  It didn't take long to develop a taste for it, and soon a habit had been formed.  However, the word "habit" seems negative and dirty, like something I should quit or get control of, but I could never see my delightful cup of joy in this light. The smell, the warmth of the cup, the taste...consider me charmed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment