Saturday, February 19, 2011

I LOVE a Trip Down Memory Lane

Today I had a free afternoon so I thought I would put that time to good use and clean out my office/scrapbooking room.  This was a terrible thing to try to do in one afternoon, as evidenced by the fact that I can now barely sit here at my computer because I have so much junk piled up around me.  I cannot believe how much stuff I've let accumulate in this one room of the house.  I'm really not a pack rat, but my old pictures, albums, craft supplies, etc. have gotten out of hand.  Anyway, while tackling this chore I came across these two old boxes of comic books (do kids still read these?) and books from my childhood.  The fact that the comic books are in a Ziggy Latch Hook kit box tells the story that I've always loved crafts, and the books made me laugh.  Judy Blume (LOVED her books) and a book about the hot TV stars in 1979.  That's Marie Osmond on the cover (John Travolta and Shaun Cassidy too).  There is absolutely no reason to keep these things, but I can't bear to toss them out.  Maybe I am a pack rat.  Or maybe I just love to take unexpected trips down memory lane, and I know if I keep things like this I'll always know the way to get there.  




No comments:

Post a Comment