Friday, February 4, 2011

I LOVE My Project Life 2010 Album!

Anyone who knows me knows I love to scrapbook.  I've been a avid scrapbooker for about 15 years, since attending a Creative Memories party at Stacy Yates' apartment.  One look at that paper, stickers and glue and I was hooked.  One thing I've prided myself on for the last ten years is that I keep an annual family scrapbook of all our family memories for the year.  I have lots of ongoing albums...the kids school albums, their sports and activities albums, and small albums of vacations or other special events, but my annual family album captures all the holidays, birthdays and seasons that make up our life.  One of my scrapbooking "gurus" is Becky Higgins (yes, there are actually professional scrapbookers who design products and write books and are therefore "famous" among scrapbookers).  Becky Higgins has designed an album called "Project Life" and you may do it in paper or digital format.  I decided in 2010 to try something new, and did my annual album in this digital format.  I loved the design of the album...it provided a two page layout for each month, and space to put up to seven photos with journaling.  I just had to upload the pictures for each month, add my journaling and hit the "order" button.  My finished album arrived in the mail today and I truly LOVE it.  It took way less time than my traditional scrapbooks, and I love the clean look of the book.  I did miss my stickers and glue, but I still have lots of other scrapbooks where those supplies are being used in full force!  I love any sort of scrapbook, no matter what the format - recording memories is a good thing.



2 comments:

  1. I am loving your February theme for the blog, and I am investigating this Project Life idea. Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete