Thursday, February 17, 2011

I LOVE My Job

I have a love/hate relationship with working outside the home.  Truth be told, I'm a homebody...I like to be at home, puttering around doing chores, scrapbooking, watching TV and reading books and magazines.  However, other than for a brief time after John was born, I've always worked outside the home.  I say "outside the home" because let's face it, all wives and moms work inside the home...they're just not financially compensated for the work they do.  I hate it when people act like "stay at home" moms don't work.  Anyway, although I would prefer to be at home all day, I feel blessed to have a fantastic part time job that brings me satisfaction in so many ways.  First of all, it's flexible...although I work a pretty set schedule, I'm able to come and go as I please.  Second, the work I do is in my sweet spot.  I love to administer things, and my job is a lot of project management and administration.  Third, I have a great boss who shares my same values and is very respectful of my desire to balance my work and home life.  Fourth, I work with a lot of fun people who have become dear friends over the last eight years I've been here.  And fifth, my office is five minutes from my house (so convenient!).  Sometimes I get whiny, and I complain I have too much on my plate, and why can't I stay home and blah, blah, blah, but honestly, this job is heaven sent.  I know deep down I would miss being here and would miss the relationships I've built.  I would miss the sense of accomplishment and contribution I feel after completing a large project, and I guess I would miss the financial aspect of it too.  I feel very lucky to have landed here...in a job that I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment