Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Month of What I LOVE

Happy February!  I can't believe the first month of 2011 is in the history books.  Where did it go?  Time is moving so fast...I feel more aware than ever of the fleeting nature of our earthly lives.  In honor of Valentine's Day (which is such a cheery thought during an otherwise gray and dreary time of year), I'm going to try to post each day in February about something or someone I love...the everyday pleasures and people that make my life mine.

Today, I'm in love with my husband.  We have been married 15 years (16 in June), and I can honestly say our marriage becomes deeper and more fulfilling with each passing year.  Lawrence is such a good, good husband.  When you first get married, you don't know to consider what living with someone day in and day out for a lifetime really means.  It's usually just the two of you, and you have no way of knowing what this person will be like in five, ten or twenty years.  What type of father will they be?  How will they react when things are tough?  When I was 25 years old, the vows I took seemed like merely words...for richer or poorer?  In sickness and health?  For better or for worse?  I couldn't have imagined on that day in June 1995 that we would ever have any "worse" times.  And now, 15 years into this adventure, I feel so blessed and yes, just plain lucky, to have chosen this man as my partner in life.  When finances are low, he still finds ways to provide.  When I'm sick, he cares for me.  When I'm just down, and going through a "worse" time, he gives me space and time and support.  He cherishes me, is true to me and enriches my life each day.  He is my Valentine, and I love him.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I love this post. You are a lucky girl! Oh, and I am so copying your "I love..." theme. Love you Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I was just thinking the same thing. Leave it to Jill to start a trend!

    ReplyDelete