Thursday, February 3, 2011

I LOVE Dinner With Friends

Nothing recharges me during a busy week like dinner with girlfriends.  Last night I met up with Anna and Jill for a yummy meal and good conversation.  Time with girlfriends is good for the soul...I remember hearing a radio program several years ago about the importance of female friendships, and how vital they are to a woman's life.  Women often look to their husbands to be their sole confidant and sounding board, and while our husbands certainly do hold the primary place in our hearts, they just aren't wired to hear us the way girlfriends do.  Girlfriends allow us to share our stories and struggles down to the most minute detail, and they just get it.  Time together fills my cup, and I always leave them feeling a bit better about life in general.  I love my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment