Sunday, February 13, 2011

I LOVE Homemade Valentines

I have always loved making valentines.  Must be the crafter in me.  When I was looking up ideas for John's class party on familyfun.com (which I also love), I came across some cute homemade valentine ideas.  John has always liked to pick out the boxed ones at the store...something like Power Rangers for the boys and Hello Kitty for the girls.  I knew it was a long shot, but when I asked him if he would rather pick out the store bought ones or make his own, he surprised me and said he wanted to make them.  His exact words were, "Sometimes you gotta put some extra effort into things Mom!"  So this morning before church we sat down and made these cute bumblebees out of pipecleaners (with plastic googly eyes and tissue paper wings), and attached them to red construction paper hearts with pixie stix.  He wrote MINE on the heart so it looks like "Bee" Mine.  He loved making these and said he felt bad for ever giving out store bought ones in the past.  I'm not sure if that means his future wife will receive really sweet, sentimental valentines that she will love, or if she'll curse me for not teaching him how to pick out a nice gift at the store!  Either way, this was a sweet way to spend the morning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment