Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Love My PEOPLE Magazine Subscription

OK, this is so shallow, I know...but I look so forward to Fridays when my weekly People magazine arrives in the mail.  I think Lawrence got me a subscription several years ago (maybe someone in his office was selling magazine subscriptions for their kid's school?), and I think I even told him that was a stupid thing to spend money on.  Little did I know the countless hours of enjoyment I would get out of reading pointless information about celebrities (and hey, there is the occasional feel-good human interest story about everyday people).  For some reason on Friday afternoons I am exhausted.  It's like I've run this marathon all week...up early, get everyone out the door, pick everyone up, take them somewhere else, fix meals, clean up the kitchen, go to work (do you feel sorry for me yet? I hear a tiny violin playing).  I LOVE to come home on Friday afternoons and assume "the flop", which is what I call it when I flop on the couch with my People.  It typically takes me an hour to read it cover to cover, and then, if I'm really lucky, I take a nap.  A simple joy I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment