Sunday, February 20, 2011

I LOVE Bible Study

I haven't been in a formal Bible Study since last winter, and I really miss it when I'm not participating in one.  It's just that life has been so busy since this summer.  I was telling Lawrence the other night that one sports season has just faded into another.  In the spring it was baseball, then All Stars, then swim team started, and I remember saying "as soon as swim team is over we can slow down."  Then a week after swim team ended, football started, then field hockey, and then a week after that all ended, the winter swim season started.  And basketball!  Oh my goodness, have I ever seen so much basketball as I have this winter?  Lawrence told me a few days ago, "Just hold on...in one more week swimming and basketball will be over."  Ummm, honey.  Hate to bring this up, but baseball starts in about two weeks.  And here we are full circle.  I know to not let these things be the priority in my life.  I know my time with God is more important.  But I'm tired.  And someone needs to be picked up.  And where is John's uniform?  And what pool is Sarah practicing at tonight?  What are we eating before practice? Is it my night to drive carpool?  


Well, as God often does, He is working through my friends to slow me down.  Denise mentioned she wanted to do a Bible study, and Katie picked this one:


This could not be more perfect for me right now!  We met last week, and the first video hit me right between the eyes.  I know where to look to help me prioritize competing demands...and it's great to be making time again for something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment