Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I LOVE e-mealz

e-mealz is an online menu service that has changed my domestic life.  A few days ago I posted about how my mom has always carefully planned out her weekly menus and is so gifted at preparing a nice meal.  Well, let's just say I didn't exactly inherit that trait.  I've been running my own household for over 15 years now, and I still struggle with what to put on the table each night.  I'm lucky that neither Lawrence or the kids are very picky, but when I go to make out my menu each week I just stare at a blank page and can't think of anything to serve.  I found this e-mealz service on Becky Higgins website a few months ago (I think she asked out on Facebook what everyone's menu planning system was and lots of folks responded with this).  It's perfect for me!  Every Sunday they post a new menu, complete with seven meals and a grocery list for your selected grocery.  It's my dream come true.  I now print off the new menu every Sunday morning, and after church Lawrence or I head to Target and do the shopping.  The meals are far from gourmet, but they are definitely simple, weeknight, quick meals, and so far we've enjoyed almost all of them.  I try to serve dinner at home at least four nights a week, and this service is definitely something I've come to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment