Monday, February 14, 2011

I LOVE a Daughter With Determination

My beautiful Sarah is a handful these days.  I've been fussing at her quite a bit, and she frustrates me with her soon to be teenager attitude.  But I hope she knows how proud I am of what a self motivated, determined young woman she is.  She likes to say she can't do something, that it's hard, and that she wants to quit...but I know if I just back off and give her some time she will get busy and do the work.  An example of this is her pre-algebra.  She comes home from school and is defeated.  It's difficult, she doesn't understand, she'll never finish the homework.  But later in the evening she'll be sitting on her bed, working out those problems, checking her work, and going for that "A".  I don't have to tell her to do her homework, or check that she's done it, and I love that she takes pride in her work and wants that "A."  Swimming is hard these days too...not quite at the highest level, but she needs to keep working to help the team.   Going to the state championship as an alternate is humbling...it would be fun to know she was going to swim.  She's ready to quit...who wants to keep working to be an alternate?  I know I don't need to tell her quitting isn't an option.  She'll determine on her own to do the right thing, and I love that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment