Monday, February 21, 2011

I LOVE Having a Girl AND a Boy

I never really gave much thought to what the make up of my family would be.  I grew up with just one sibling, but that didn't really shape how many kids I thought I would one day have.  Lawrence always wanted two, no more, and no less, and he also wanted one girl (first) and one boy.  You would have thought he custom ordered our children, because that's exactly what he got!  I always wanted a girl, but I wasn't so sure about a boy.  Since my only sibling was a sister, I didn't have much experience in the boy department.  Now I can't imagine my life without my boy.  I sometimes am sad that Sarah doesn't have a sister (because I love having one so much), and conversely, John doesn't have a brother.  But God did a cool thing and gave Sarah two girls cousins her exact age, and He gave John three boy cousins, ranging in age from 18 to 9.  So really, what we lack, He always provides.  


Boys and girls are different, and not just in the obvious ways.  I wouldn't say Sarah is a real "girly-girl", but I love going through the various stages of girlhood with her.  The Disney princesses, American Girl, Hannah Montana, lots of sports, it's all been fun.  John is rough and tumble, competitive, loud...like a boy.  He is eating me out of house and home, and he loves to hang out and watch TV with no shirt on (my pet peeve!).  I like to think about what each one will be like when they are grown...Sarah says she'll maybe be a pharmacist (nice and stable)...John says it's the NBA or NFL for him (the PGA would be okay too).  They are different, they are fun, and I love experiencing a girl AND a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment