Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday Night Fun

Yesterday was sort of dreary...drizzly and damp, one of those days that makes a grown up want to come home from work and fall asleep on the couch.  But not kids...they want to always have plans on the horizon.  That's the first thing they ask when I pick them up every day..."What are we doing tonight?"  They were not pleased that we didn't have plans on a Friday night, but having no plans is exactly what I was looking forward to.  They lamented all afternoon about how bored they were, and later in the evening when I came downstairs I noticed it was quiet.  Where was everyone?  Then I looked outside and saw Lawrence was sitting out in a lawn chair in his pajama pants throwing up ally-oops for the kids so they could have a dunk contest.  So simple, yet so fun.  They forgot about not having official plans and enjoyed playing outside with their dad in the rain.  Free fun, the best kind.  






No comments:

Post a Comment