Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Royally Fabulous Weekend

This weekend was pretty much near perfect.  Friday started off with the much anticipated royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and I must say, it did not disappoint.  The kids and I got up at 5:45 (am!) to watch the 6:00 am ceremony (11:00 in London), and watching it brought back so many memories of how much I adored Princess Diana when I was a girl.  The pageantry of the ceremony was so beautiful...I know it seems silly and trite to some people, but the history and the beauty of it all just about did me in.  


So pretty!

We of course made chocolate chip scones for breakfast!
On Friday night we began a baseball filled weekend, with games scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The rain had finally stopped, so it was time to play ball!  John and Bruce's team played each other on Saturday.


John loves playing catcher

Bruce waits on first base for the next batter
On Saturday afternoon we headed to Holly's and Lee's farm (Amende Place) for dinner with the WKU crew.  I just cannot say how beautiful of a night this was.  Holly is a fantastic entertainer, and she and Lee pulled out all the stops for us Saturday night.  It's foaling season, so we were treated to the sight of newborn foals, dinner outside in the "grove", live entertainment (nothing is better than music around a bonfire), delicious food, and of course, time with dear, old friends.  I don't know who had more fun, the grown ups or the kids.  All I know is I wanted to cry when I looked at my watch and saw it was almost midnight.  I didn't want to leave!  We took a ton of pictures, but there are just so many parts of the night I want to remember.


Lawrence was in heaven...enjoying his beloved bourbon while relaxing on the farm 

A new generation of Hilltoppers


Eydie and sweet baby Trace 

Lee brought out their pony, Charlie, for the kids to groom and ride

A lovely bar setting

Grace Ann and Anabeth lead Jack on a pony ride

Grace Ann and Anabeth compare horse stories (both girls love to ride)

Could be a postcard for Kentucky!

Lawrence and Sarah enjoy some time at the fence

The Psimers stroll the farm

Love these girls!  Friends for over 20 years

Grooming Charlie.  Lee was so sweet and patient with all the kids

Me and my girl


Dinner under the stars - so lovely

Loving the songs around the fire

The kids snuggle up for the music

Sarah was the ultimate mother's helper with the Jarosz boys

Our hosts - the beautiful McMillin family

Lawrence and Phoebe enjoy some deep coversation

John took the mic and killed "Never Say Never" by Justin Beiber!

The kids say it's time to dance...

And when they play Sweet Home Alabama, the grown ups are on their feet too!

John and Grace Ann were engrossed in some sort of planet app on the iTouch

Lawrence teaches Sarah how to two step - something every Southern girl should know.


Sunday brought more baseball, and now I can barely keep my eyes open.  Better get to bed...it's Derby week!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post wonderful post..and may i say that sarah young is one of the prettiest girls i have ever met..she should be on americas next top model... ;)

    ReplyDelete