Thursday, April 28, 2011

Put On Your Easter (Rain) Bonnet

So I was pretty excited that Easter was "late" this year...I think it's the latest in April its been in a long, long time.  I thought the weather would be warm, and I love new spring clothes for Easter...reminds me of going to pick out fabric and a pattern when my sister and I were young so my Mom could make our Easter dresses.  But alas, Mother Nature did not seem to care about wearing a new Easter dress, as she seemed to feel just fine in her dirty, muddy, week old rain slicker.  It rained for what seemed like an eternity this last week.  On Good Friday it rained (which is okay, it reminds me what a sad day it was).  Saturday it rained some more.  OK, now I'm feeling dreary.  Sunday morning, it poured.  Any thoughts of a pretty dress were blown away along with any hair-do you had tried to construct that morning.  Maybe this was God's little way of telling me it's not about new clothes.  Doesn't he know that new clothes remind me of new life?? OK, I know, that may be stretching it a bit.  


Anyway, we made the best of it and still had a nice weekend.  We dyed eggs on Friday, which I love to do.  Even if my kids outgrow it one day, I will still dye eggs, because they just make me happy.


Eggs Before
Aren't they pretty?
On Sunday morning we went to church and then to Shannon's house for brunch with Mom and Dad and Joe's parents.  Brunch was de-lish, and during a break in the rain the girls made a valiant effort at putting on an egg hunt for John and Bruce.  The kids moved on to other things like lacrosse and opening some Easter goodies from Meme.  Then we all went home and took naps (heaven on a rainy Sunday afternoon).


Hunting eggs
Joe and the family visit after brunch
It's stopped raining for a minute - let's go play!
Easter treats - Bath & Body Works and batting gloves
That evening we went over to Dick's for a yummy fried chicken dinner with the best macaroni and cheese ever (I need to get MT's recipe!).  Lots more rain meant lots of relaxing on the couch and porch, which suited us all just fine.  


Movie watching...
and porch sitting

We didn't get a chance to see Nana on Easter (she was recovering from a nasty virus), but other than that, I can't think of what more we could have asked for.  A bit more sun?  Sure.  But even without the sun, time with family shines bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment