Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Curb Appeal - Before and After

For years I've been wanting to replace the flower pots on my front porch.  I have two heavy iron pots that are very nice, but are a bit short, and I can never see them from the street because of the two bushes on either side of the porch.  Over Memorial Day weekend I resolved to finally replace them with something taller, but you know how it is when you are looking for a particular item, and even though you feel like you've seen what you're looking for a thousand times, now that you're ready to buy it, it's nowhere to be found?  Well, that's how it was when I was looking for pots.  I finally found two that were the height I was looking for, but the wrong color.  They were such a weird color that they were 50% off, so I decided to get crafty and go ahead and buy them and spray paint them.  I'm so happy with the results!  They are an even better color than what I was looking for (I would have settled for black), and I'm thrilled with the way they turned out.  I love it when I have an HGTV/DIY moment that actually works (it makes up for the all the ones I try that don't!).


Before  - yucky color
After - hammered bronze
Ta-da!
Tall enough to see over the bush!

No comments:

Post a Comment