Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Celebrating Mother's Day

Mother's Day sneaked up on me this year...with it falling the day after Derby it went by in a bit of blur, but Lawrence and I both felt blessed to be able to celebrate another year with our moms.  At our age, having your mom still around is no guarantee, and every year is a gift.  We had brunch together at Hurstbourne, and it was nice to just linger and visit.  


Lawrence and his pretty mama
Me and mine
Mom and Dad
The rest of the afternoon was spent at the ball park.  I had moments of wishing I was napping on the couch for Mother's Day, but then I remembered that being a mom means sometimes spending your free day watching your kids play, because without them, I wouldn't even be a mom, right?


Speaking of my kiddos, they gave me a pink dogwood tree for Mother's Day, which I have been shamelessly begging for for years.  I love it, and can't wait to get it in the ground. 


John did a great job "wrapping" my present
I love all the women in my life, and hope to share many more Mother's Days with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment