Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sarah's 16th Birthday

Sarah's 16th birthday was celebrated in a few different ways.  As it has most years, her birthday fell during spring break, which meant we would be in London on the big day.  The only angst this caused was that she wouldn't be at home to get her driver's permit on her actual birthday, but this was a small price to pay to get to spend her birthday in such a cool place!  

Before we left on Friday I gave her a few gifts that she could use for her trip.  

First, a Vera Bradley toiletry bag to match the duffle bag that Meme and Papa gave her for Christmas...


... and also a pair of Hunter boots to wear while she was in London.  She had been asking for a pair of these for a while.


Her birthday fell on the Wednesday we were in London, and I had packed a few little items to give her that morning.  She really wanted a Lilly Pulitzer wristlet that had a place to keep her driver's license on the outside, but the only ones I could find like that were sorority themed. Since she isn't in a sorority I got her one that would hold it on the inside, along with her phone (she liked it, but has since swapped it out for A Vera Bradley one with the ID on the outside - gotta show off that license!).  We also gave her a pair of Pandora earrings.  She loves small earrings so we gave her a special pair of new studs.  




We had a great day going to Kensington Palace, and I loveD that we got to spend the entire day together (one benefit of her birthday being on spring break - no school!).



That night we had a swanky dinner at Barbecoa, right outside of St. Paul's Cathedral.  


That next week after returning home we went to get her driver's permit.  She was so excited to pass that test!


That Sunday night we had the family over for dinner and cake.  I decided to enlarge a picture of her permit for her cake (strawberry with strawberry icing, her favorite).



She received lots of birthday moo-lah and gifts, and she had a nice night with her family.



I can't believe she is really 16...in a way the time has gone so fast, but in other ways I can't remember my life without her.  I am oh so grateful for my beautiful, smart, healthy daughter.  I love being her mom, and I thank God every day for the blessing of her in my life.  Now, remind me of that when I'm teaching her to drive over the next six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment