Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Claire's Birthday and Mother's Day


Mother's Day was a gorgeous spring day this year, and I felt blessed to get to spend it with my kiddos and to have a nice visit with my mother-in-law, aka Mary Lawrence, aka Nana.  I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of her and Lawrence out on her porch...we sat outside and visited in the sunshine, and I had meant to snap a photo!

My own mama wasn't in town on Mother's Day...she was in Russell Springs with Sherry, Marilyn and my grandmother.  They got to spend the day with Grandmother, and I'm sure she was happy to have them there.  
Sherry, Mom, Marilyn and Grandmother
We went to the Hamilton's that night to celebrate Mother's Day and Claire's 15th birthday.  We had a nice night hanging out and visiting.

Fabulous night for the deck
Sarah and Claire doing crafts with Reese
Claire and her grandfather Bruce
(photo bombed by Susan!)
Claire received a really special gift from her grandmother, Helen.  Bruce had given Helen a beautiful scarab bracelet back in the '50s for a birthday gift, and she gave it to Claire that night.  Love family treasures!  There is absolutely nothing better.

So pretty!
Showing Helen how nice it looked 
Hugs for the special gift 
Lots of fun teenager goodies 
Claire and her mama
Three generations...Granny Shanny, Claire and Reese (Claire's
niece of course, not her daughter!) 
Happy to be their mom
Happy Birthday Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment