Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ski Bunnies

Lawrence and Sarah returned on Monday from their Father-Daughter skiing adventure.  Four days in Steamboat, Colorado brought lots of fun (sadly, not a lot of snow!), and they had a great time skiing and hanging out together.  I'm fairly certain Sarah ate pizza for almost all of her meals, but I guess that's the fun part of traveling with Dad.  Lawrence said she was a great travel companion, and even though she beat him down the mountain time and time again (at least that's her version of the story), I know he loved every minute.  







This was a nice, easy week at home.  Not too much going on, and on Thursday night John and I made a birthday cake for his Spanish teacher, Mrs. Wright (his friends and he cooked up the idea they wanted to surprise her with a cake, and he volunteered to bring one).  While he was decorating it he said he wanted it to be so good that she would "Facebook" about it! This made me laugh, what a sign of the times.  

The Next Great Baker works hard on
his piping

I really laughed when I was on Facebook the next afternoon and she had posted a picture of the class with the cake.  His plan worked - it was Facebook worthy!  


So proud!
Lawrence and I went to dinner up at Hurstbourne last night and had some nice, grown up time.  Today he's on sports pick up detail, taking and picking John up for basketball and baseball practices.  He leaves for his "guys" ski trip on Thursday, so he's praying for snow out west.  Me, I'm loving the mild winter we're having here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment