Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Recap

I can't believe it's already the last day of January!  The weather has been so mild that it almost doesn't feel like winter.  I think we hit 65 degrees today, and while I love the warm temps, Mary Lawrence and I were discussing last night that there's no way it can last...we're thinking scary weather is lurking around the corner!

We just ended a fun weekend...Lawrence went on his annual "guys" ski trip, and this year they landed in Breckenridge, Colorado.  They had lots of fresh snow, which was a great surprise because the west has had the same mild winter we've had.  There was lots of skiing, despite their aging knees...


Check out that view!
Mike and Lawrence head up the lift
...there was apres ski in the hot tub...


Best part of the day (at least that's what I think when I
go skiing!)
...plus snow angels (these guys never grow up!)...


This is a tradition when we go skiing!
...and a few nice meals out.


Great friends - this is Lawrence's 14th annual ski trip!
The kids and I held down the fort here at home.  On Friday night John and I went out for Chinese food while Sarah went to the 8th grade basketball game.  On Saturday morning Sarah had indoor field hockey, which she's been playing at Bluegrass Premiere.  Lots of girls on her school team are working out there this winter and it's been a fun way to keep up with their skills.


Go Sarah!
On Sunday afternoon John and Bruce played each other in basketball in the St. Matthews league.  Bruce plays on a team with some KCD boys, and John fills in on the St. Margaret Mary team. 

Perfect photo op - they were right next to each other
during a free throw
Bruce's team won, but there were no hard feelings, and we all headed to Tony Boombazz for dinner.  My mom and dad came to the game, and it was the perfect time for us all to get to spend some time together.  We are rarely all together, so this was a fun way to end the weekend.


These boys are both winners!
The grands are almost as tall as Meme and Papa!
I'm nursing a bad cold right now, and I think my family is probably as tired of it as I am.  They've been listening to me cough, sneeze and well, whine, for a few weeks now.  I went to the doctor yesterday so I'm hoping to be better by the weekend.  After all, someone has a 46th birthday coming up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment