Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nice and Quiet

I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last blog post, but honestly, there hasn't been much to blog about!  We've just ended a nice, quiet two weeks, and I must say it's been lovely.  School started back on January 2nd, but my office was closed, so I enjoyed a day off at home with no one around (not that I don't love my family, but some alone time is nice too!).  The Christmas decorations are down, Boot Camp is back in full swing (boy, it was hard to get up after two weeks off!), and the school day/night routine is back on track.  

Neither of the kids have a heavy sports schedule right now.  Sarah is working out two days a week at Bluegrass Premiere Indoor Field Hockey, but they don't play any games, just practice.  John is working out  at FOCUS Basketball Academy two days a week, along with an occasional game with the St. Margaret Mary guys.  He also just started practicing with his new baseball team, the Gladiators.

Leading stretches at FOCUS practice
Lawrence has started calling a few of the girl's varsity games at CAL (you know he loves calling any game!).  He's done a great job, and we've got to see a few exciting games.

Voice of the Lady Centurions!
Sarah and Lawrence left for Steamboat, Colorado on Thursday for a Father-Daughter ski trip.  He picked her up early from school on Thursday to head to the airport, and they'll be gone until Monday afternoon.  I'll have one of them post some pictures and details about their trip when they return.

All packed and ready to go before
school on Thursday morning
John and I have been having fun while they are gone, watching lots of movies and just hanging out.  Today we have lots of sports to watch...basketball games start at noon, and we'll catch the Saints/49ers game at 4:30 and the Broncos/Patriots game at 8:00.  Can you say LAZY???  It's nice to have a day like that sometimes, because tomorrow after church we have two hours of basketball practice followed by an hour and a half of baseball. 

This slow time has had me thinking about my new year's "intentions"...I don't really have any solid resolutions, but I do have a few things I "intend" to do this year.  I'm so wanting to complete my Heritage/Family history album (of course, first I need to start it).  I've been doing better about not talking on the phone in my car (it's such a terrible habit!), and I have some home projects that I'd love to get done (our storage room is frightening, and I don't even know where to begin!).  Nothing major, but the days go by fast, and I need to be intentional about setting some goals and breaking them down into manageable tasks.  Will any of these happen?  Check back with me soon, maybe I'll have some updates!

Happy Saturday everyone - have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment