Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Valentines and Copper Mountain

Last week went by in a blur!  After being out sick the week before, I felt like every day at work I was gulping water from a fire hydrant.  The timing for being out the week before wasn't so good, because we had a trip to Copper Mountain planned for winter break, which was due to start on Thursday.  I was trying to cram two weeks of work into three days...thank goodness I have such an understanding boss and wonderful team mates!

On Tuesday we celebrated Valentines Day with a special dinner at home.  When I came downstairs that morning, Lawrence had left us roses and sweets to start the day.

What a nice way to start the morning!
John headed off to school with his valentines, which were an idea I stole off of Pinterest.  Each of his classmates got a mustache to wear for the day (pink for the girls, of course!).


That evening we had dinner in the dining room, complete with sparkling cider for extra fanciness.


I gave all my Valentines a special little something...

New cologne for my man...
New headphones for my little guy...

Yoga pants for my girl
We finished off dinner with one of our favorite desserts...warm brownies with vanilla ice cream.  Perfect ending to a great night.


On Thursday we headed to Colorado for our much anticipated ski trip with the Bunting family.  We haven't been out west with them for several years, and when they called us back in the fall and asked if we were up for a winter break ski trip, we of course said yes!  We had so many photos from our trip that Lawrence put them all into a video (with Sarah's help - she's a whiz with iMovie).  We had a such a great trip.  When I look at these pictures in the video, I'm blown away by the views of the Rockies...magnificent!  Good times with good friends, what a blessing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment