Sunday, February 12, 2012

KCD Hall of Fame and a Day at the Lake

So I'm going to try to post about two events I wasn't actually present for...they sounded very fun, but alas, I was finishing up my fight with the chicken pox, so I missed them both!  So sad, but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.  Lucky for me, I have a wonderful husband who understands my pathological need to document everything, and he was sweet enough to take my camera with him everywhere he went this weekend.  Let's take a look at what I missed...

On Friday night my brother-in-law, Joe, and his brother, Bill, were inducted into the Kentucky Country Day Athletic Hall of Fame.  Joe and Bill actually went to Louisville Country Day (which used to be located where the Rock Creek campus of CAL is today), before LCD merged with the Kentucky Home School for Girls in 1972 to form KCD.  They were both superior athletes, and Joe even holds a LCD high scoring record (which can technically never be broken since LCD no longer exists!).  Anyway, they, along with a few other KCD alumni, were inducted into the Hall of Fame on Friday night during halftime of the KCD versus Collegiate varsity boy's game (HUGE rivalry!).  The gym was packed, the competition was fierce, and it sounds like it was a perfect night to bask in your high school glory!

Sarah visits with Joe's mom and dad and
his sister Susan
(who went to Collegiate by the way!)
Bill and Eugenia made the trip from Arizona 
OK, I can't believe there were fatheads!  I WANT ONE!
Here are Shan, Joe and the girls, doing their best
peace sign/duck face looks - the pose of every
teenage girl today!
It's halftime!  Bill high fives the KCD Bearcat
Introducing...JOE HAMILTON!
Brothers...very cool they both were inducted together 
All the indcutees
Mmmm...maybe we have a future KCD
Hall of Famer here...you never know!
On Saturday morning Lawrence and John picked up John's buddy Daniel and they headed to the lake house for the day.  Mike and Jim were already down there, so it turned out to be quite the boys weekend.  There was fishing (I think the fishing trip was a bit brief...it was in the 20s on Saturday!), golf cart riding, fire building, and all around woodsy fun.  Mike had an old piece of cardboard in the back of his truck, and John drew an outline of Daniel so they could use it as a target for shooting and knife throwing (yeah, it was definitely a boys weekend...I would never have permitted the knife throwing).  They wrote points on the various parts of the body...so many for the heart, so many for the head, etc.  For the crotch area, they just wrote "Owww", which Lawrence found hilarious.  The boys had SO much fun...I feel certain they didn't brush their teeth before bed, and I doubt a fruit or vegetable was consumed the entire time they were there, but I guess that's the fun part of being away from mom!

Not much biting when it's 27 degrees outside! 
The fun bunch
The lake's not just for little boys
That's a good looking fire boys! 
John and Daniel prepare their target 
Ready, aim, fire!
John learned to use an ax this weekend.
 Is that a good thing?
The finished target
Time for smores
Today finally felt like a normal day.  Other than some remaining scabs, I'm all better, and I'm so ready to get back to the routine tomorrow.  Boot camp, school, work, chores - it's all the everyday things you long for when you are sick!  We have a short week this week, because on Thursday we leave for Copper Mountain to go skiing over our winter break.  Oh, and Valentine's Day is Tuesday!  Lots to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment