Friday, August 26, 2011

A Week of Firsts

This was a fun week of firsts!  John's football team won his FIRST game against PRP - who hoo!  This was soooo exciting.  I just wrote last week about how I couldn't wait to seem them score their first touchdown, and they scored right out of the gate at last Saturday's game.  They then went on to score two more (or was it three?), which was mucho fun.


Going for the sack!
Then on Tuesday Sarah had her FIRST field hockey game, and they tied Collegiate 1-1.  This may not seem so great, but after a hard season last year, it was exciting that we scored!  Not to mention, we scored first, so technically we were ahead for a good part of the game (can we count that as sort of a win? I think we will.).  Really happy for her and her friends...I get the feeling it's going to be a good season.


Close to the goal!
Dribble!
Next up was Tanner's FIRST freshman football game at Eastern (as starting quarterback!!!!), and he played so awesome!  He threw for like a bazillion yards, and while we were there they scored three touchdowns (and went for two on two of them - and made it!).  I'm not sure what the final score was, but I know they won, and I'm super happy for him.  


Perfect handoff
Proud of our QB1!
And a shout out to our sweet niece Sydney, who made the Mafia Fast Pitch softball team out of Indianapolis!  She is such a fabulous player, and I know she is going to do great things traveling around the region next summer!


Go Syd-Star!

I also think it was our niece Claire's FIRST field hockey game, but we weren't there, so I don't have any pictures.  I promise we'll be at one soon Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment