Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to School Day!

Yesterday the kiddos went back to school.  What a great summer we've had, but yesterday morning it was rise and shine at 6:30 am!

Sarah was excited to be starting high school.  She felt a little uncomfortable in her new uniform, but I thought she looked great.

Ready to go!
She had field hockey practice right after school, and on the way home after picking her up I got mostly one word answers.  "How was the first day??" "Fine."  "How were your teachers??"  "Okay."  "Are you tired??"  "Yeah."  Hmmmm...moms want more details than this!  After being home for awhile she came out on the deck and said that NOW she was ready to talk, and I got to spend the next half hour hearing lots of details about the day, and it sounds like it was great.  

John is excited to be the big dog at Rock Creek this year.  He's been there since preschool, and this will be his last year here before moving to English Station next year.  I have mixed emotions...I know he's ready to move on to the "big" campus, but I was a bit sad yesterday morning knowing it was our last "back to school day" at Rock Creek.  I went into the gym during morning carpool so I could snap a few memories.

John and some of his fellow 5th grade buddies
He has a brand new teacher this year (as in, this is her first job!).  She is very enthusiastic and he seems to like her, so hopefully we're in for a good year.

It feels good to be back on a schedule, albeit a busy one.  Looking forward to lots of learning this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment