Monday, June 4, 2012

Charlie Strong's Women's Football Clinic

On Saturday night I went with Shannon to the third annual Charlie Strong Women's Football Clinic.  Anyone who knows my sister knows she is a rabid (not in a bad way!) UofL fan, and she especially loves Cardinal football.  Being a football mom myself, I thought the clinic sounded like fun, so I suited up and headed to Papa John's stadium for a night of football eduction and agility drills!  We met Nikki and Susan Hamilton down there, and we had a ball touring the facilities, meeting the coaches and getting to experience a little of what it's like to be a D1 football player.  Considering I was really tired, and really sore after only a few hours, I'm guessing I wouldn't make the cut!

Thanks for loaning me the jersey, Brittany!
Great teammates for a fun night!
#1 Fan
This is one STRONG woman
Locker Room!
One of my favorite parts was seeing the weight room (I could have done without the push ups, lunges and sit ups we had to do in there!).  There are really cool, inspirational quotes on the wall, all about preparation and commitment.  Love it!


My favorite!
At the end of the night we got to leave the locker room and head out through the tunnel, onto the field just like the players do on game day.  They had the big video rolling, the music blaring, the fog machine blowing, and we ran out with QB Teddy Bridgewater leading the way.  What a rush!


This was such a fun, unique night. I loved seeing all the "behind the scenes" of the program, and had a ball with my sister.  The Cards are lucky to have a fan like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment