Thursday, November 4, 2010

Too Much Too Soon


So on Monday (which was the day after HALLOWEEN!) they came and put this Christmas tree up in the lobby of my office building.  Seriously?  November 1st?  Later that evening I was driving down Shelbyville Road and noticed that Von Maur had their Christmas lights up (maybe they stay up all year long, I'm not sure, but now they are LIT).  I can't believe how early people are trying to celebrate Christmas, and what I really don't understand is why.  I have to be honest and admit that Christmas is not my favorite time of year.  I get really anxious and stressed and by the end of the season I'm physically, mentally and emotionally drained.  To try to combat this annual let down, my sister and I decided to tackle a good deal of the holiday preparations (mainly gift buying!) early this year.  We plan to spend all day Saturday Christmas shopping with the hope of actually enjoying the experience because we are beating the crowds... and then we'll have the entire month of December free to spend with friends and family.  But then this tree showed up.  And Von Maur's lights came on. And now I don't feel so on the ball.  I feel behind, I feel stressed, I feel anxious!  Maybe if everyone else is pushing Christmas so soon, Starbucks will start offering their seasonal Gingerbread Latte soon too.  That would make me feel a lot better.  


No comments:

Post a Comment